Monday, October 20, 2008

POOR TURTLES


I am a huge college football fan and a die hard Maryland Terrapins fan. FEAR THE TURTLE!!! However it seems that I am the only one fearing the turtle as my Terps get no love in the top 25 rankings again this week. Now I understand the loss to Mid Tennessee State hurt us tremendously in the rankings, and I don't even want to discuss the embarrassment we suffered at the hands of UVA, but shouldn't it count somewhere that we've beaten 3 top 25 ranked teams?

We took down UCal with a beautiful display of football, then Clemson, and just knocked off Wake Forest this weekend. (Might I mention that pre-season, either Clemson or Wake Forest were expected to take the ACC!) This week Georgia Tech at 6-1 is coming in at #21, Boston College is 5-1 and ranked #23, and Florida State also 5-1 is coming in at #24. While they may have better overall records, Maryland is 5-2, who have they played? Jacksonville State? Gardner-Webb? Kent State? What top 25 teams have they beaten? I in no way expected Maryland to break in the top 10, or even the top 15 for that matter. I did think we could sneak in somewhere 20-25. Oh well. Maybe next week after we whoop up on the Wolfpack this Saturday! GO TERPS!!!

No comments: